Sunday, February 8, 2009

In Loving Memory of Uncle James Yakub

I just came back from uncle James Yakub house. Alot of relatives have went back home to Lawas & Miri. It's a sad moment where everyone is in mourn for the loss of a father, brother, cousin, friend, & etc.. I can feel that too.
I've met him few times last year during his visit to our church in CAC. He's a very kind person, funny, he can talk alot & he really cared his two 'IMU' here (aunty Floria & Mum). We even talk & hugs each other every time we met. He always ask me about my workplace & the only I think about him is he always tells about mum during their younger days & how my grandpa teach them about life. (He stayed with grandpa when he's taking his primary 6 at Merapok where grandpa teach)





About his life history, I can say that I'm proud of him. He's a former state football star in the 70's. He has represent Sarawak in the Malaysia Cup for the first time in 1979 & being the only Sarawakian footballer to have won a SEA Games football medal in Bangkok in the early 1980's. He has joined the police force in 1963 and retired in July 2005.


10 comments:

  1. i heard that he...while playing badminton..
    sigh. stroke strikes at any time.
    its not even 'healthy' to do sport eh? :'(

    condolence..rest in peace, the late Uncle James Yakub..

    ReplyDelete
  2. U know most of the atlet have the most risk to get high blood & heart attack! I heard that he got stroke b4 he die..

    Healthy..healthy jua but not to heavy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace...

    A very sad loss of another Lun Bawang star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yalah..another Lun Bawang's HERO!! I called him Hero cause he's the only one SARAWAKIAN who represent Malaysia to Bangkok!! I'm proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the only one to present m'sia to bangkok?
    wow..memang hero..mengharumkan nama sarawak and lun bawang..

    kenak atlet ada risiko tinggi????
    how do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. because my mum works in the hospital la..wpun nya just a clerk but byk info nya..

    benda tok terjadi krn time sidak muda2 dlok, sidak byk glak berlatih utk sukan. That's why sidak ya mala jak mencipta nama + sidak byk mkn supliment pil utk stamina. then, waktu pencen sik gilak bersenam so, nya ada effect nya bah..mesti control pmakanan jua..that's what I know la cz ku bc buku senaman mak ku tok

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supplement pills are okay but I don't know about steroids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aahh..i never knew that, beng!!!
    nang benar pemakanan memang penting untuk kesihatan..

    sha, hati2 kau mun mau bina otot badan, pastikan sihat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am deeply sorry to hear about the lost. He will always be remembered. I have a photo of him featured in 1980 ALLSPORTS magazine in my blog. Thank you for everything Mr. James.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Adam! Thanx for still supporting SARAWAKIAN footballer!! U know Stanley Frazier is my mum's 2nd cousin if I'm not mistaken but we seldom met.

    ReplyDelete